When booking airport parking it's important to know about the types of parking available, so that you can which is best for your circumstances and budget.
On-airport parking is, as the name suggests, located on the airport grounds, often close to the terminal and may be indoor or outdoor. You may find that you will pay a little more for on airport parking, but for many the convenience of parking close to the airport terminal outweighs the extra cost. At some large airports a transfer by coach is still required even though the car park is on-site, these transfers are usually provided free of charge.
Park and ride
Just like a city centre park and ride, you park your car in a secure car park and a bus takes you to your destination, in this case the airport terminal. When you return back at the airport after your trip, the parking company will then bring you back to the car park. This is the most popular type of parking at most airports because it is often a cheaper option and usually allows you to avoid navigating busy airport approach roads. Park and ride car parks are usually outdoor.
Meet and greet / Valet Parking
Often considered the most convenient and simple way to park your car, in fact you don't even have to park your own car. You drive to the airport and pull in to arrivals/departures area, often very close to the airport terminal. A driver will then park your car in a secure facility whilst you continue with your journey. On your return, your car will be returned to you at the arrivals/departures area. Some meet and greet service offer to valet your car for you whilst you are away, though there is usually an extra charge for this.
Hotels with airport parking
Many hotels and guest houses offer airport parking as part of a sleep park and fly package. This is an ideal parking choice if you need to, or want to, stay a night at the airport before your flight or on your return. Often this kind of parking can be a cheaper option but of course on top of parking you will need to pay for your nights stay. This can be a very simple and convenient way to park your car whilst you are away and most hotels offer transfers to and from the airport.
If you are planning to park your car at the airport whilst you are away, we have some great tips to save you money and give you the peace of mind that your car is in safe hands.
Save money on airport parking
There are a few ways you can cut the cost of parking your car at the airport...
- Always book on-line will almost always save you money. If you turn up at an airport car park and pay on the day, you may be charged up to 60% more than you would pay by booking on-line with us.
- Book early because many car parks offer better prices for advanced bookings. If you find a great deal book straight away because these prices are often withdrawn closer to the booking date.
- Park and ride parking is often the cheapest option. Don't think that just because a car park is off the airport grounds it will be less secure or convenient. Park and ride parking is in fact very similar to on-airport parking and transfers to the airport can often be just as fast and convenient.
- If you are planning to stay in a hotel before or after travel, book a hotel that offers airport parking as part of a sleep, park and fly package. Hotels and guest houses often offer very favourable airport parking rates.
Know your car is safe
It's important to make sure your car is in safe hands whilst you are away...
- By booking on-line with AirportParking.co.uk you know you will be booking with a reputable car park. We only offer parking with car parks that have the Park Mark award, or who we know are reputable, have excellent security in place and have a great track record of customer satisfaction.
- Choose a car park that has the Park Mark award. When a car park can say it has the Park Mark award it means that it has been inspected by the Police to ensure that it has measures in place which help to deter criminal activity and anti-social behaviour. Such measures will be in the form of appropriate lighting, effective surveillance, quality management and a clean environment. Look for the blue Park Mark badge when you search for car parks on our site.
Easy to find and use
Parked from 10/03/2013 to 13/03/2013
Absolutely perfect – fully recommend.
Parked from 03/07/2013 to 10/07/2013
For departure the gentleman was grumpy, whilst he helped me remove my suitcase from the car, he left me struggling loading it onto the trolley. […]
Parked from 19/08/2013 to 22/08/2013
Parked from 06/01/2013 to 07/01/2013
It was cheap enough and very efficient. The connecting bus arrived promptly for both the outgoing and incoming flights. Finding our car was no problem […]
Parked from 23/07/2013 to 29/07/2013